Thursday 28 May 2015

May Lip monthly - OFRA, NYC, Milani and Jing Ai swatches and first impression/review

My May Lip monthly is finally here and I thought that it would never come, but I suppose its better late then never. Firstly the little makeup bag that the goodies arrived in is super cute and so spring appropriate, It is a bright yellow colour with flags and has lipsticks and mascaras scattered around.


Ok so lets get into what I received in the makeup bag, the first makeup product was from the brand Ofra which I have received products from lip monthly in the past and I absolutely love them especially the liquid lipsticks, this one is in the shade New Orleans, and although it is a pretty colour which I know will get a lot of use I don't feel as though it is the best colour for spring and summer. However it is a beautiful purple shade which I feel is perfect for the Autumn and winter months. I love these liquid lipsticks because they are so long wearing and last a fair bit of time before needing reapplication and the formula is smooth on the lips and not too drying, also the pigmentation is amazing and they don't have a paint like smell, which I find many other brands on liquid lipsticks do. These liquid lipstick retail for $19.90 and can be found on Ofra cosmetics where they are so many different colours to choose from.



The next lip product I received was from the brand Jing Ai which I haven't really heard of before but I always love trying new products. This is called a velvet shine lip jewel in the shade raspberry ice which was in the form of a jumbo lip crayon, I love these forms of lipsticks and lip balms as they are so easy to use on the go for a light wash of colour on the lips, however this product was way more pigmented than what I expected and was also a beautiful red shade, this jumbo lip crayon is so creamy and feels very light weight on this lips in addition to it feeling so moisturising. another great thing about this lip pencil is that you twist the bottom to get more of the product up so you haven't got to worry about taking a sharpener around with you or trying to find a big enough sharpener. It retails for $22 and can be found on Jing Ai with four shades to choose from.




  The last lip product was from the brand Milani and is called a power Lip gloss stain in the shade 04 pink lemonade. I love milani products but I have never heard of this lip product so I was so chuffed when I saw it as I don't think I own any lip stains, however this has got quite a strange applicator, and you have to twist the top of the lip stain to release the product. However I had to twist it a bazillion times and then it kind of exploded everywhere so I would recommend you only twist it a few times to get the product into the tip lol. when the product finally came out I was amazed the colour was beautiful, but I would say that It doesn't match the name as I was expecting a baby pink shade and I would describe this shade as red with a hint of pink strawberry pink. However I love what it looks like on the lips as it is very pigmented and is so creamy and hydrating and stains my lips for hours I am hoping to pick up more shades as I really do like them. I am not to keen on lip glosses however this doesn't look like a lip gloss when on the lips and just looks like a nice sheen if that makes sense kind of like a cremesheen/satin finish, It is also said to be a lipstick, lip gloss and lip strain all in one tube which is great as it saves money in addition to space in your makeup collection. These lip stains retail for $6.49 and can be found on Milani cosmetics, where there are 8 shades to choose from.






The last product that I received in my lip monthly is my non lip product, from the brand NYC which is a mascara called the lengthening sky rise mascara and at the moment I have so many mascaras open however something about this mascara has just drawn me in and I decided to try it to see if it does what it claims which is a lengthening mascara which is what I look for in a mascara as my eyelashes are so short and at the moment I have been loving Benefit roller lash mascara. After trying this mascara I think it is much better than a lot of my other mascaras but it doesn't beat my benefit roller lash but as that is a high end mascara I would have to say that the NYC sky rise mascara is one on my top drugstore mascaras. I like this mascara because it does do what it claims to do, it does it fact lengthen my lashes and it also separates them which means that my lashes don't look clumpy or spider leg like. The wand is coned shaped which I like as it makes it easier to get to the inner corner eyelashes and makes the outer eyelashes longer, another things that I like about this mascara is that the formula is very wet and means that you can add more than one coat with out it feeling dry or flaking, after wearing this mascara for around 9-10 hours it still looked exactly the same as when I applied it there was no smudging and my lashes felt like lashes and not hard and crispy lol.



Therefore my overall opinion on this months bag is that I love everything I received and I feel that with this subscription service, the products that I am receiving are getting better and better every month. I would recommend you definitely try at least one month of this subscription service if you like what you see. If you are interested or curious about what I have received in past lip monthly bags check out my previous lip monthly posts:

April lip monthly
March lip monthly
February Lip Monthly  
January favourites 
Lip monthly subscription 



Thanks for reading and don't forget to follow me on  Instagram / Twitter / Bloglovin / Facebook / Pinterest
Kara xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...