Tuesday 12 May 2015

Tips and tricks Tuesday - Makeup application for dry skin

Hello beauties and welcome back to my blog I hope you are all doing well, today's post as you can see from the title is tips and tricks for applying makeup when you have dry skin. I have combination skin which is either dry or oily depending on the weather therefore I no how much of a task it can be applying makeup when you have dry skin, such as your foundation or other face products peeling and cracking around the nose area and laugh lines (if that is what its called lol) as well as my concealer cracking and creasing under my eyes therefore I have came up with some tips to help reduce or even prevent some of these issues.



1. before applying any face makeup make sure to use a exfoliating cleanser or face scrub so that you remove all the dead skin cells and dry patches and smooth out the skin. My favourite is the Clean & Clear Exfoliating Daily Wash, which I mentioned in my April favourites.

2. Ensure you apply a moisturiser and primer for dry skin types, as this will make the skin smooth and reduce dryness which will mean your face makeup applying better to the skin, the primer will help to smooth the skin and reduce pores I would recommend benefit porefessional, However make sure your primer and moisturisers have time to absorb into the skin before applying foundation.

3. If you have dry skin then the best type of foundation to go for is a liquid foundation, this is because if you use a powdered foundation it could cling to dry patches as well as emphasis them. I would also recommend a foundation that is lightweight as heavy full coverage foundation may look cakey.

4. When applying your foundation use a foundation brush such as the real technique buffing brush which is my favourite, as it is soft and gentle on this skin so it reduces flakiness. However if you prefer a more flawless dewy look then after using a foundation brush go over the face with a damp Beauty blender, Ensure you don't apply your foundation with your fingers, as your fingers will absorb the moisture which is needed to reduce dryness.

5. When applying other face products such as setting powders and blushes, try not to use more than what you need, for example only applying the setting powder around your T zone or skipping the face powder and opting for a setting sprays and blotting sheets. I would also recommend using cream blushers and bronzers, as I find that with powders they crack and flake which end up looking patchy on the skin, but creamy formula's keep the skin moisturised and hydrated.

Have you got any other tips for dry skin ?
Have you seen my last Tips and tricks Tuesday post
Thanks for reading don't forget to follow me on
Kara xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...