Monday 9 February 2015

Makeup Academy Lipsticks MUA swatches and review

Hello beauty lovers I hope you are all doing well, I thought I would share with you my most recent purchase from the Makeup Academy website. Just after Christmas I went on the website just to have a look, then I notice that they were having a sale, so I said to myself that I would try a few things because I hear so many good things about this brand, and that a lot of the lipsticks are dupes for MAC, but I ended up going a bit over the top and spending £40, the good thing about this was that i received free delivery so I cant complain there lol. 



So I ended up buying 11 lipsticks from the regular line and 2 from the matte line. When I brought from the website the lipstick were on sale at 65p however the original price is £1. I really wanted to buy the whole range but a lot of the lipsticks had already sold out, but if I managed to get the rest of the range I will do another post about them. They had a wide range of different colours for the regular line, but not as much for the matte line as they all looked quite similar and nothing really stood out to me. 

From left to right- 11, Bare 14, 9, Nectar 16, Juicy 15, 2, Persian Rose, 3, 13, 10, 1
Matte Lipsticks

Left to right Scarlet Siren, Lilac Belle



Positives 
  • Matte finish
  • Price


Negatives 
  • Don't last long
  • Hard to apply to the lips
  • Need to exfoliate lips before application
  • Pigmentation isn't great
Regular Lipsticks


From left to right -  11, Bare 14, 9, Nectar 16, Juicy 15
From left to right - 2, Persian Rose, 3, 13, 10, 1

Positives 
  • Great pigmentation
  • Very creamy
  • Easy to apply
  • Great colour range
  • Colours are vibrant
  • Prices is great for what you get

Negatives

  • Don't last long
  • feels wet/sticky on the lips
  • Melt easy (especially when its in my bag)

Therefore after using all of these lipsticks on a regular basis my overall opinion is that the lipsticks from the regular line really are amazing and the positives out way the negatives, so I would say they are really worth the £1 and I will be ordering some more very soon, however for the matte lipsticks I am quite disappointed and don't think I will be buying anymore. I will talk to you all soon and don't forget to follow me on bloglovin
Kara xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...