Monday 18 January 2016

My disappointing products | Products I regret buying | E.L.F | Primark makeup range | MAC |




I feel that as a beauty blogger it is important to share products that I love but also products that I don't like and felt were a waste of money whether they are high or low end products, I am aware that this is a little bit negative, but I think that it also has it positives so you know what to not splash your money on, however bear in mind that some products that may not work for me, may work for you fine, depending on personal preference, skin type and skin tone, therefore these are my disappointing products.


Elf Tinted
Moisturizer...

My first disappointing product was by E.L.F and is a tinted moisturizer, I bought this product because it was in the elf closing down sale so it didn't cost me too much, however I really don't like this product. I know that tinted moisturizer are not meant to be heavy or full coverage but it should have a little bit of coverage which I didn't feel it did, The colour was completely off as I found it to be quite orange and it just made my skin look oily, when applying this tinted moisturizer I have used a foundation brush, beauty blender and my fingers and it still seems to look patchy and uneven on my skin. Therefore I have just been using this tinted moisturizer as a primer to smooth and hydrate my skin before foundation which seems to work ok (ish).



Primark Range PS Love Lipsticks...

The next product(s) that I regret purchasing is the primark ps love lipsticks I own three lipsticks from the collection, I am not sure if there are any more lipstick shades as the makeup part of my local primark always looks a mess. but what attracted me to the lipsticks was the packaging as I am a sucker for gold packaging. But I feel that the lipsticks are not great quality, They're not pigmented, do not last more than an hour on my lips and feel all wet and slimy lol if that makes sense - it just doesn't feel like it dries or sets. I am a little upset that I didn't like these lipsticks as the colour indication at the bottom of the packaging looked so pretty even when they swatched however on my lips they don't look nice, the lightest shade just leaves random pieces of glitter on my lips after 5 minutes of wearing it, The other two shades are not that bad on the lips but like I said don't last long and don't apply as creamy and smoothly as other lipsticks around about the same price such as my MUA Lipsticks and makeup revolution inconic pro and Lip hug collections . There is only one good thing about these lipsticks and that is that they smells so nice and sweet.


MAC Limited Edition Archie's Girl...
I cant believe I am including this in my disappointed makeup products, because if you read my blogs regularly you all know that I love MAC, but this lipstick by mac I absolutely hate and only still have this in my collection because the packaging is so cute, but I let my little 6 year old sister wear this lipstick when she comes over because it is one of her favourites. The lipstick is called girl next door from the archies girls collection, The first thing that I don't like about this lipstick is the finish, I am not overly keen on the lustre finish, as I find that they are not pigmented and don't last too long on this lips which is exactly why I don't like this lipstick, But I cant stand this colour on my lips and I don't even know how to describe the colour but it is like a silvery pink shade which looks awful on me. like the last lipstick the only good thing about this lipstick is the fact that it smells amazing, and if you wear and use mac lipsticks you will know the vanilla smell I am talking about, I am aware that this lipstick is limited edition however I decided to include it because mac often re promote lipstick shades in other limited edition collections, or you may still be able to get your hands on this lipstick from selling sites such as ebay or depop so I thought I would let people know that this lipstick is not worth it (well in my opinion aha). 

Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil...
This is one of my most recent purchases - and I thought that I would buy an eyebrow pencil so that it would speed up my everyday makeup routine but I am very disappointed  in this eyebrow pencil. I find that the formula is really dry so when applying it, it drags and pulls and doesn't glide on as smoothly as I would like - but this could be that the product is new I don't know. Another negative about this product is that I picked up the darkest colour that they do and it still seems to light for my eyebrows and the brush on the lid is way to rough to use on my eyebrows as it really hurts like a scratching feeling when using it, so I definitely wont me recommending or re purchasing this item.



Santee Cream Blush...
I order this quite some time ago from an American website as I had to spend so much to get free delivery, I find this blush is absolutely awful. The first time I used it the packaging broke so it makes so much mess, but when I swatches the item I thought it was a beautiful shade and that I could pull it off if I applied it with a light hand - but when I try to apply whether that is will a stippling brush, beauty blender, blusher brush or my finger it just applies patchy, it doesn't blend out well so I just don't fine my self reaching for it.
Sweet Lip Balm...
I am calling this the sweet lip balm as I am not sure of the exact name of this product but it came in a set of 6, and they are suppose to smell like sweet ( and omg they do smell amazing and exactly like the sweets which I love!) but them do not feel nice at all on the lips, I find them to be quite slippery and slimy on the lips which feels uncomfortable - and I don't find that they are moisturizing and in a way can feel quite drying after wearing them for 5 minutes which kind of defeats the purpose as they are meant to be moisturizing aren't they? aha.


Thank you for reading don't forget to follow me on 
                                    Instagram Twitter Facebook Bloglovin Pinterest Tumblr
Kara xoxo


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...