Wednesday 3 June 2015

Makeup look for under £35 - Makeup revolution, mua cosmetics, LA Girl and E.L.F

You all know me by now and know that I love to find myself some bargains especially when it comes to makeup unless I am buying my mac limited edition collections as that it just a must, I have been loving some great brands lately which are so affordable yet the quality is amazing, for example makeup revolution, Mua cosmetics and elf cosmetics which is now not selling in the UK sadly. Therefore I challenged myself to do a full face makeup look with products costing under £35.


Therefore I am going to start off with my face using the ELF foundation, this is a fairly good foundation if you are looking for a light coverage and lightweight foundation, so I feel that this foundation would be perfect for spring and summer time, where you want to achieve a light dewy or natural look and this foundation retails for £4.93 and can be found at Beauty Joint.

The next item is my concealer which is the la girl pro conceal, this is by far one of the best concealers I have ever used, bearing in mind that I haven't used many as when I find one that I love I don't tend to change. I believe that this concealer has a good coverage therefore conceals my dark circles but it also so comes in so many shades, which means that there is a colour for everyone, for this reason I have the la pro conceal in three different colours, as the lightest shade is used to highlight and conceal, the darker shade to contour and one the same shade as my skin tone to spot conceal. This concealer is only £5 and can be found at Cocktail Cosmetics if you live within the UK.

Blush is the next face product that I use and this one is one that I started using again, when I found it recently which I forget how much I loved it. This is the sleek blusher in the shade pomegranate, I love the finish this blusher gives and it is so affordable at only £4.49. I also mentioned this blusher in my April favourites so don't forget to check that out.


I cant forget my bronzer because I hate looking like I have a flat face which normally happens when I don't have time or just cant be bothered to add a bronzer and a bit of contour. For my bronzer I used the ELF bronze and blush duo, and this is my holy grail bronzer I rarely use any other bronzer as this is the perfect shade and blends out seamlessly, it is another really affordable product and can be found out Amazon for £5.33 I know such a strange price lol but I couldn't find it anywhere else in the UK. This product is also said to be a dupe for the Nars bronzing and blush duo, however the blusher in the duo isn't for me as I prefer a matte blusher, but it is a pretty colour and is so pigmented so I recommend using it with a light hand so you don't look like coco the clown. 




The last face product I use is a face powder and I recommend MUA pressed face powder which retails for only £1 yes I said £1 how crazy is that. The pressed powder comes in 5 different shades therefore I use one shade for setting my foundation all over and a lighter shade to set my under eye area and I feel this powder works just as good as my mac studio fixed powder, however I recommend just dusting a little around your T zone if you are dry, because with this product less is more and it can end up looking cakey and flaky.

Now moving on to the eyes I highly recommend the Makeup revolution palettes, these are so pigmented and are very similar to other high end brands such as Urban Decay and Lorac. My favourite out of all the ones I own is the Iconic 1 which is very similar to the Urban Decay naked 1 and retails for £4. Therefore check out my Urban decay naked palette vs makeup revolution Iconic 1 Palette Swatches and Review

When it comes to my lips there are many lip products that are so affordable, out of all my drugstore products my favourite brand on lipsticks is from makeup revolution and it is the #lip hug lipstick collection , for a more natural everyday look my go to shade is save me for yourself which is a pretty nude shade that will go with almost any makeup look. The best thing about these lipsticks is that they retail for only £2.50.



The final eye products are liquid eyeliner and mascara which is a must have for me or my eyes look really strange. So I recommend the Seventeen Wet Look Lacquer eyeliner as it is so easy to use, affordable and gives the winged eyeliner a wet look, however they do sell and matte black one as well, this retails for only £3.99. For mascara I love the Collection Volumising Mascara, this brush is massive but it makes your eyelashes so voluminous and retails for only £3.99.

So this is my full face makeup look which can be achieved for around £35 which I think is great for a full face of makeup.

Do you love makeup revolution, mua cosmetics or elf products comment below what your favourite products are from these brands?

Thanks for reading don't forget to follow me on 
Kara xoxo 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...