Friday 5 June 2015

Eyes on MAC burgundy times 9 palette swatches and review

 I have been eyeing up the eyes on mac palette now for a few weeks now, and on my last shopping trip I decided to buy the burgundy times nine palette even though I am currently on a spending ban I am hoping to buy the purple and amber times nine too (hands over eyes emoji). Anyway back to the palette, it contains nine individual eyeshadow pans with a mixture or matte and shimmer shades, however these eyeshadow are smaller than the normal mac eyeshadow pans but that is reflected in the price which I believe are very reasonable.



The shades on this palette are:
Honey Lust  - Bronze dipped peach in a Lustre finish
Poppyseed  - Mid-tone mauvey nude in a Satin finish
Quarry  - Soft muted plum brown in a Matte finish
Antiqued  - Ash brown with bronze in a Veluxe Pearl finish
Embark  - Intense reddish brown in a Matte finish
Noir  - Deep black brown with gold pearls in a Velvet finish
Haux  - Soft muted rosy brown in a Satin finish
Star - Violet Pinky brown plum in a Veluxe Pearl finish
Sketch  - Burgundy with red shimmer in a Velvet finish
From bottom to top - Honey lust, poppy seed and quarry

From bottom to top - Antiqued, Embark and Noir

From bottom to top - Haux, Star and Sketch

My first impression of this palette is that I was totally in love with the eyeshadow colours in this palettes as they all compliment each other and I love the fact that it includes both matte and shimmery shades, and that you are able to create both day and night time looks with this palette so it is perfect for travelling and I can see this quickly becoming my go to palette. These palettes can be found on MAC and Selfridges and retails for £30 which works out to roughly £3.30 per eyeshadow which I think is an ok price especially for mac.

However I am a little disappointed that the eyeshadow pans are smaller as it just means that I wont be able to put other mac shades into this palette but its not a huge negative. Also I don't own many mac eye shadows but I feel that the mac matte shades are not a pigmented as the shimmery shades, but they are equally as creamy and smooth when applying to this lid, therefore I give this palette a 4/5 and would definitely recommend it.

Have you tried any of the Eyes on MAC palettes what do you think?
Thank you for reading don't forget to follow me on 
                                    Instagram Twitter Facebook Bloglovin Pinterest Tumblr
Kara xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...